Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy 5 Month Birthday!!!




Another month is gone!!! Wahhh!!! Somebody stop the time from going so quickly.  I just can’t keep up with this BIG boy over here.  Old people [ :) ] use to always say that time flies the older you get….well now I’m the one always saying time flies! For the record, I don’t like it!  Enough whining….

Parker is another month older meaning he is that much closer to his half birthday! This age is so much fun and I am trying to take every minute and precious moment in and remember it forever! Sappy, I know, I just can’t help it! I’m a mom now so I am allowed to be sappy and over emotional, right?! :)
 
Here is what Mr. Parker is up to this last month:







  • Foods


It was time!  I tried to wait as long as I could to start solids simply because people kept telling me how much of a hassle it was.  Now that Parker has been eating solids once a day for about a month now, it’s really not much of a hassle.  He does tend to make a mess of himself but I do my best to make sure it doesn’t get out of control.  His actual first food was……SALMON!  Yes, you read right, Kyle insisted on giving Parker a flake of salmon sometime last month and he didn’t like it!! (Ask Kyle and he will tell you a different story but I am telling you all, he didn’t like it!)  :) When we were in California I couldn’t deny Parker the amazing fruit that was around us at the fruit stand so that was when it all started.  First he tried a white peach and liked it!!  He then tried a plum and he LOVED it!  He was sucking and gnawing on it for awhile.  He couldn’t get enough!  Since our trip to California he has tried a new item every week.  The first week in September we started oatmeal.  He liked it okay but he wasn’t crazy about it.  I tried it as well and I wouldn’t like it if I were him either. Parker has now eaten bananas, sweet potatoes, apples and green beans. So far he seems to be the fondest of the bananas and sweet potatoes.  Right now we are on day 5 of green beans and I think it is safe to say that he doesn’t really care of them….at all…haha.   Next up is avocado!!






  • Laughing and smiling all the time


I have met many babies in my days and I feel comfortable saying that Parker is a really happy baby.  He laughs a lot!  I love it.  I stay home with Parker and a good amount of my time is spent making him laugh.  If there were cameras in my house....haha….I would for sure look like a nut case. :) Parker loves when Kyle comes home.  He is all smiles and giggles for about an hour and then it starts getting close to bed time.  Poor Daddy, comes home just in time! :)




  • Rolling all over the place


In the update from last month I said he was rolling all around and he was but it is different now!!  He is rolling but rolling QUICK!  I go into the kitchen to get my breakfast and next thing I know he is under the table or…….squeaking the dog toy with his mouth!!! :-/ Uhhh…yes, that happened.  I would have taken a picture if I wasn’t so disgusted.    



This would be what happens when you play too hard early in the AM.  He was maybe playing for 2 minutes and this is what he looked like...haha.


  • Teething


It is safe to say that we have entered teething madness.  Over the last week I can tell that his teeth are bothering him a bit.  I can see the two little teeth under the gums but they still haven’t broken through.  I’m sure it’ll happen any time now.


  • Baby teething cookies


I bought Parker some teething cookies and he loves them! They make a huge mess but it is worth it.  I give him one in his high chair and he just goes to town.  For anyone interested they are “Wheat Teething Cookies” from Whole Foods.


  • Loves Xena


Parker had been following Xena with his eyes for awhile now but over the last few weeks he has really started to notice her. He watches her, reaches for her and thinks it hilarious when she runs around squeaking her toys.   





  • Loves bath time


Parker has always enjoyed bath time but he has taken it to a whole new level over the last few weeks. He has been taking baths in the regular tub for awhile now so he has a ton of room.  Well he now loves to kick and splash as much as possible. It is so cute to watch him kick and punch like crazy and once the water starts splashing him, he smiles and laughs like crazy. 


  • Chatterbox


I have a feeling Parker is going to be rather……uhh…..talkative. :)  I know that I was shy and quiet as a child but I am pretty sure he is taking after Kyle in the communication department.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that! :) Parker is always babbling, screeching, laughing or blowing bubbles.  It’s not boring around here, that’s for sure!

I am so lucky to have a wonderful husband who is home every night and is such an amazing Daddy. Heavenly Father has truly blessed us by sending Parker to us and we are thankful every day for him!   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment